Thursday, September 11, 2008

1 down, 2 to go

I usually try to build suspense when I have really exciting news but I'm just going to skip all that and get right to the point. Next Wednesday, after my Wilmington University appointment, I'm going to see my youngest brother, Ben!

Short backstory: I haven't seen him in 5 years, since all this craziness with my Mom went down.

What happened today: His father's sister called, she used to call a lot but hasn't in 3 years, and Grandma talked to her for a while then gave me the phone. Debbie, the sister, reminded me that the 18th is his birthday and she thinks he would love to get a card from me. I told her that since I'll be up there on the 17th anyway I will just hand deliver it.

I'm scared, nervous, and excited all at the same time. I hope that he's happy to see me and that we can start a relationship. Now if only I can find David and Michael...

- Crackalackin'

3 comments:

J C Girls said...

WOW! I am so happy for you. This is a great opportunity for you to rebuild your relationship with your bro!I am sure you two will have lots of catching up to do. I know things will go great for you because God will be with you all the way. And your brother is probably just excited as you are about seeing him again. Keep us posted!
*C

Anonymous said...

It's actually a surprise, he doesn't know I'm coming which makes me even more nervous!

J C Girls said...

Good luck, well you dont need any because you've got God on your side!

I will be praying for you and your family! same as *C keep us posted!

hey hows Michel's? by the way? :)

~T