“Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has demanded permission to sift you like wheat; but I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail; and you, when once you have turned again, strengthen your brothers.”
I was reading the "Wild Goose Chase" and came across this verse. This was Jesus' response concerning Peter's betrayal during the Last Supper. It surprised me to see that Satan had to ask God if he could inflict chaos in Peter's life. This little blurb puts into perspective God's omnipotence. He has power over all things, even Satan. All of the trials and temptations we faced, Satan caused, and God allowed (God did not cause those bad things to happen to us). Why did God allow it to happen? I can state all the possibilities within my range of reasoning for a certain situation, but in reality, I'm not able to fathom His reasons, so I'm not even gonna try. But, whatever we are going through right now, know that the situation is authenticating our faith and that we can trust in God's character, knowing that He works for the good of those who love Him.
In the case of Peter, satan tested Peter's faith but God knew the end result. He knew that Peter was going to be victorious against satan's attacks & return back to Him with the statement "when once you have turned again." Can you imagine how proud God is when we choose Him after satan's best try? How happy he is when we return to Him after succumbing to satan's temptations? When we love another person, we want that person to be happy. Our love for God should not be any different. We should want to please God with our decisions, actions, words and thoughts; especially when everything around is telling us otherwise. But, like in all good relationships, its reciprocal. God wants us to be happy as well. He blesses, comforts and loves us beyond measure. Isn't that awesome?! :)
This verse also showed me that Jesus is always interceding for us. "I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail." Jesus cares for us. He doesn't like the idea of satan messing with us so He stands up for us continually. Jesus didn't stop satan from "sifting" Peter's world, because He knew it was the Father's will and it had to happen. Although Jesus could not change the situation, He prayed for Peter. This showed me the importance of praying for others, especially in cases when I as a human cannot alleviate another person's situation.
sooo this was all revealed to me this morning, and I wanted to share! I wrote all of this during the span of my 3 classes! I chose not to pay attention & write this instead :)
-j
Free Charcters In Roblox
5 years ago
1 comment:
I have read that so many times but never have I understood it like that. God is SO powerful! Satan LOVES to see how far he can push people, especially those that follow Jesus. However, even through temptation and sin, we are being molded into the person that God wants us to be. Sometimes we are too stubborn and have to learn things the hard way. The pain and the guilt teaches us lessons and we become stronger as we lean on God harder.
Post a Comment